A friend of mine was telling me about the “word of the year” theory during my New Year’s Eve midnight run yesterday. Basically, you pick a word that will represent how you want your next year to go. I decided to do it this year and, after feeling inspired, picked the word THRIVE.
It means to prosper or to develop vigorously. And that’s what I want out of the next year of my life. I want to grow as a person and I want to conquer 5 parts of my life in particular.
These are my goals for the next year:
- Personal: My body is going to thrive by finally getting fit. My plan is to continue running a few times a week as well as trying new fitness classes.
- Financial: My finances are going to thrive when I start and grow my savings account enough to cover some of my culinary school dreams.
- Professional: My career is going to thrive as I continue to work on this blog and launch my health coaching practice in a couple of months.
- Family: My family life is going to thrive because I am going to grow my friendships, visit my family a few times and start really dating again.
- Spiritual: My spirituality will thrive as I start doing more yoga, meditating daily and cooking more healthy recipes to feel more at peace.
Have you thought of a word for the year? What’s your word for 2012? Tell me in the comments below.